Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Technology Class Overview

When this class started, I didn't have a big understanding on what technology integration was. I thought of technology integration as something smaller than it actually is. I did not know how many requirements there actually were to use technology in the classroom. I also did not know that classrooms are becoming more digitally-enriched environments. One of the most important concepts I learned in this class was how to use technology to collaborate in the classroom. There were several tools I learned about that allow students to collaborate together whether it is by sharing thoughts or their research on a group project. I also learned a lot about the Copyright and Fair Use regulations. Before this class, I thought I knew about Copyright laws, but I learned that it is a lot more in depth than I thought. I will definitely make sure I follow the four rules for Fair Use when I am in the classroom and out of the classroom. I am planning to use social media in my classroom in small doses. I didn't think that using social media in the classroom was a beneficial thing to do, but now I have learned how I can use it to benefit the students. After taking this course, I definitely have a more positive view on technology integration in the classroom. I haven't always thought technology was the best for children, but I have learned that there are more pros to it than I thought there were. If technology integration is used properly in the classroom, then students will be inspired to learn. Technology integration in the classroom is no longer an option, so I will make sure I am confident in the digital tools I choose to use in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Meredith,
    You've learned a lot and have been great about being open to all these new ideas and options. Collaboration is definitely an area where these tools can be used effectively in the classroom. I'm sure you'll just keep adding to your skills and knowledge as you progress in your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete